- 1 cup of maple syrup (for Low FODMAP diet it is quite sugary so substitute maple syrup with a couple of teaspoons of brown sugar instead)
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1 cup of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 500-600g lamb shoulder, thinly sliced
- 12 large sprigs rosemary, half of the leaves picked
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Place maple syrup, vinegar, oil, garlic, mint and parsley in a non-metallic bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add the lamb and mix well to coat.
- Leave lamb to marinate in sauce for 1 hr in fridge or overnight.
- Pick off the rosemary from half of each sprig and use a sharp knife to slice a sharp angled end on the sprig and thread the lamb onto the rosemary skewer.
- Preheat the BBQ or grill pan to a very high heat.
- Cook the skewers on high for around 2 minutes each side (for medium rare tenderness, also if you leave it longer the sugars in the marinade will begin to burn).
- Place on a plate and cover with foil to rest for about 5 minutes and serve with lemon wedges and your favourite salad etc.