Oozy Mushroom Risotto - Jamie Oliver's 30 Minute Meals
- 1 large white onion
- 1 stick of celery
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 15g dried porcini mushrooms
- 300g risotto rice (arborio)
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1 organic vegetable or chicken stock cube (or 1 litre of liquid stock)
- 500g mixed mushrooms (e.g chestnut, oyster, shiitake) or (button and field mushrooms)
- 1 clove of garlic (or more)
- Small bunch of fresh Thyme
- Large knob of butter
- 40g chunk of parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 a small bunch of fresh flat leaf (or curly leaf) parsely
- Get all ingreients and equipment ready on bench. Fill and boil the kettle. Get out a big frying pan/ saucepan and turn the grill (or oven) on to heat. Standard blade attachment on food processory.
- Halve and peel the onion, then put into food processor (or dice finely) with the celery amd dried porcini mushrooms and pulse until finely chopped.
- Turn on stove to medium heat and pour a good lug of olive oil into saucepan. Scrape diced mixture into pan and dry, stirring regularly and add some crushed garlic.
- Pick the leaves off the rosemary stalks and finely chop and add to saucepan with the rice. Stir well for 1min till rice turns opaque. Pour in the wine and crumble in the stock cube (or when wine has absorbed ladel in some heated liquid chicken stock) stirring until absorbed.
- Season, then add a mug of boiling water (or ladel of stock). Continue to add stock to risotto when absorbed, around every minute for around 16-18mins and massage the starch out of the rice to make it nice and oozy.
- While risotto is cooking, chop up mushrooms. Seperate the mushrooms and half. Leave one half to add to risotto. With the other half put in metal (or oven proof pan) saucepan with olive oil, seasoning, chopped thyme, crushed garlic and fry on medium heat.
- When the mushrooms as getting nice and crispy place pan in grill/ oven to continue to crisp.
- Add mushrooms to risotto with some boiling water to make it nice and oozy.
- Finely grate the parsley and parmesan. Squeeze lemon juice of 1 lemon.
- Add parlsey to risotto and take off heat.
- Stir in parmesan until melted through pour in lemon juice and stir through.
- Take golden and crispy mushrooms out and stir through risotto (or serve separately to put on top of risotto).
- Serve in risotto saucepan with extra parsley for garnish and extra parmesan and seasoning to taste.
|Fry up onion, celery & dried shitaki mushrooms on low heat.|
|Serve with fresh chopped parsley and extra parmesan|