Bun Gao Vietnamese Rice Noodle Salad (with Sweet Soy Chicken)
- 1-2 Chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 packet? Vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 Carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of Mint roughly chopped
- A handful of Peanuts, crushed
- A good splash of Soy sauce
- Around 2 tablespoons Sweet soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Chilli or half a small fresh red chilli finely chopped
- 1-2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cm piece of fresh Ginger, crushed or 1 teaspoon of crushed ginger
- 1 table spoon of brown sugar
- 1 table spoon of honey
- Add more of any to balance flavours to taste
- Fill and boil the kettle. Get out the Noodles and put in big glass (or other) bowl and pour boiling water over. Stir bit with fork to help seperate. Leave in for 15mins (I leave for only 5-10mins or follow packet specific directions).
- Drain water and put noodles spread out on a plate and put in fridge to cool and dry off excess moisture.
- Make sauce to taste (taste falvours to check not too salty or too spicy, adjust to personal taste).
- Finely slice 1-2 chicken breast fillets and put in bowl with sauce to soak up flavours.
- Leave chicken in sauce on bench while preparing the vegetables.
- Finely slice (or use food processer on fine slice or large grater) carrots and cucumber.
- Chop up a bunch of mint.
- Smash some roasted unsalted peanuts into rough pieces.
- Put fry pan to warm up on medium heat. Add chicken with suace (no oil necessary).
- Cook chicken 5-10mins (depending on how hot you fry it, and whether you want it really slow cooked and lots of sauce or more dry and crispy).
- Serve as make your own salad.
|Slowly fry the chicken in sauce on low/medium heat|
|Slice cucumber and carrots into thin strip and chop mint|
|Smash some peanuts into crumbs|
|Bring chicken up to medium heat|
|Serve as make your own salad|