- 200g (7oz) Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 250g (8oz) Butter
- 1 3/4 cups (205g/ 7 1/4oz) Brown Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups (200g/ 7oz) Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup (40g/ 1/12oz) Cocoa powder, sifted (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a 23cm (9inch) baking tin with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan until smooth and glossy.
- Mix together the eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- After melted chocolate mixture is cooled a bit, add it to the egg and sugar mixture while stirring quickly.
- Sift in the gf plain flour and baking powder (and cocoa powder if desired).
- Stir in half of the raspberries and pour the mixture into the baking tin.
- Add the remaining raspberries sprinkled on top and put in the oven.
- Bake for 45 mins or until set, while still a bit moist and fudgy in the middle. (Skewer need not come out completely clean).
- Leave in tin for 5 mins and then leave to cool, then chop into pieces and dust with icing sugar to serve.
Note: This recipe is adapted from a Donna Hay recipe.